Solo practitioner Elizabeth Hurwitz is guided by both her personal and professional experiences in elder law and care-giving. Ms. Hurwitz offers confident and expert legal services to each of her clients. She has more than 20 years experience in mediation and coaching, and for many years had a successful general law practice, with an emphasis on entertainment law and not for profit law.
Over the past 10 years, Ms. Hurwitz has solidified her firmís focus on elder law. She has represented a local not for profit hospice, various HIV/AIDS organizations, and does pro-bono work for a local refugee community.
She is a member of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys and the International Coach Federation, the State Bar of Michigan and the New York State Bar Association.
In addition, she completed the Michigan Institute for Legal Educationís certification program in Elder Law and is recertified yearly by this Institute in Elder Law.
Ms. Hurwitz was fortunate to have studied and worked for a premier gestalt training institute in Italy. She finds that gestalt theory continues to inform her work as a lawyer. She regularly draws upon her past experience as a gestalt therapist to best assist and advise her older clients and their caregivers.
- B.G.S., English/Psychology/American Studies,
University of Michigan, 1975.
- J.D., University of Detroit Mercy Law School, 1979.
- Two-year post-doctorate fellowship, Howard University School of Law, 1979-1981.
- State Bar of Michigan
- New York State Bar
- United States District Court, Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
- United States District Court, Southern District of New York